The implementation of usability test cases entails observing the reactions and emotions of the users while they perform assigned tasks. Usability testing companies involve real representative users in testing a product or service. The observer should neither communicate any information to the participants, nor provide initial assistance for them. Participants, in turn, examine the website to understand what they like or dislike about it, and also which of its aspects has most disappointed them while using this website. The observer records the following information:
The observer should neither communicate any information to the participants, nor provide initial assistance for them. Participants, in turn, examine the website to understand what they like or dislike about it, and also which of its aspects has most disappointed them while using this website. The observer records the following information:
- Whether or not the user successfully completed the task.
- How long it took for the user to complete the task.
- The number of pages to which you needed access to complete each task.
- Where the user encountered problems or where he made mistakes.
- How and where he looked for help in case of failure.
- Whether the online help provides enough information.
- What users said aloud and what part (s) of the task were addressed while they did it.
- Non-verbal cues (gestures and facial expressions).
- Whether the user clicked on the pages or used the search feature.
- How the user reacted to the load time of individual pages;
- Where, on the website, users became confused or even unable to complete the task.
- The number of clicks between tasks, the time between clicks, as well as the number of pages viewed and what pages were viewed. Independent software testing is useful for people to develop successful projects within budget.
In usability testing, you can use other data collection techniques, such as video recording and keystroke logging.
Usability tests are usually conducted during Website design, in specialized usability laboratories. Such a laboratory provides a controlled environment with a full range of monitoring, recording and reporting capabilities. It is necessary to recognize that this approach is expensive both in terms of equipment and personnel, but it allows you to get more comprehensive information about the users.
Penetration testing as a service has a great value for website owners as it helps them to identify security vulnerabilities and prevent access to the network’s features and data.
Another task of usability testing is to prepare questionnaires for studying the opinions of participants about the website or its prototype. This makes it possible to obtain qualitative and quantitative information on the quality of the application. One question is answered by the users according to the rating scale, other questions are finally opened.